ESQ forum

Search for:
Post Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:46
All i have read about what you players are aiming for i liked.

I loved the last post about what you will not find in the Game on Facebook. Rainbow Unicorns. LOL
I had backed a Game that basically throws in all and everything not trying to keep any kind of visual consistency about the world they create.

I was looking with no success for a simple "Donate" button to support your cause. Even if it is not much.

I loved that you found something better then Unity3d. The Screenshots and the videos you show look loving and nice.

I am truly aware that "Soon" is far to early. But will enjoy your progress.

Maybe some of my friends jump into this forum. And even if you are mainly on Facebook we can get some living on this place. :)

Take care.

Myrcello

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 17:24
Myrcello wrote:
All i have read about what you players are aiming for i liked.

I loved the last post about what you will not find in the Game on Facebook. Rainbow Unicorns. LOL
I had backed a Game that basically throws in all and everything not trying to keep any kind of visual consistency about the world they create.

I was looking with no success for a simple "Donate" button to support your cause. Even if it is not much.

I loved that you found something better then Unity3d. The Screenshots and the videos you show look loving and nice.

I am truly aware that "Soon" is far to early. But will enjoy your progress.

Maybe some of my friends jump into this forum. And even if you are mainly on Facebook we can get some living on this place. :)

Take care.

Myrcello

23.March.

Responding to myself.

Yes. Myrcello.

I think that it is very good to see that the creators of El Somni Quas seem to focus on a "Game System" they loved and wan´t to have a new place in a more modern Gaming Engine.

They said somewhere else that PK, Full Loot is not good if you aim for reaching a broader audience. And it is hard to get some who support or fund this idea .

I think they are of course correct with it.

But what has kept me thinking is that it is impossible to compare 197 with 2017. "Times have changed" for the good in regards to the project El Somni Quas.

Back then in 1997 when Ultima Online was not only a Game full of PK and Wild West Style living - it was also a Game with a very very long learning curve.
But that was also what the Internet was.

Today 50% of the World Population have access to the Internet - We have a Generation that grew up with always having the Internet around them.

And this was how it was back 1997:

1.7% of the World Population had Internet Access only.

Google.com didn’t exist yet.

In January 1996 there were only 100,000 websites, compared to more over 200 Million today.
The web browser of choice was Netscape Navigator, followed by Microsoft Internet Explorer as a distant second (Microsoft launched IE 3 in 1996).
Most people used dial-up Internet connections with mighty speeds ranging from 28.8Kbps to 33.6Kbps. Highly modern 56Kbps modems would arrive in 1997.
People had only recently started to switch from 640×480 to 800×600 screen resolutions.

Everything was hard - getting into the internet and finding yourself around was hard - so "CASUAL" as you call customers today - did not really exist on the Internet 1997.
You already had been pretty darn hardcore uncasual human being if you belonged to the ones who played back then a Multiplayer Online Game on the Internet!
You had been Pioneers of playing a MMO.

I think and always believed that the true reason they had dropping numbers was not PK, not the ruthless world -

It was majorly "complicated unfriendly Interface and Gaming-System" of Ultima Online. - And when Everyquest did come out and others - they all had huge progress in regards to "Useability".

This i my opinion was the main reason they lost customers back then combined with changing the hole world into this Trammel/Feluccia disaster.

They always did argue that the numbers did change to the positive after they created Trammel.
But that is silly if you consider the Market Share of the overall growth of Internet Population - Exploding year over year.

Actually they lost big time hardcore fast market share considering the huge influx of new internet consumers and new internet gamers coming in.
So what they call a success i call a disaster.

Look how it exploded:

December, 1995

16 millions
0.4 %
IDC

December, 1996

36 millions
0.9 %
IDC

December, 1997

70 millions
1.7 %
IDC

December, 1998

147 millions
3.6 %
C.I. Almanac

December, 1999

248 millions
4.1 %
Nua Ltd.

March, 2000

304 millions
5.0 %
Nua Ltd.

July, 2000

359 millions
5.9 %
Nua Ltd.

December, 2000

361 millions
5.8 %
Internet World Stats

March, 2001

458 millions
7.6 %
Nua Ltd.

June, 2001

479 millions
7.9 %
Nua Ltd.

August, 2001

513 millions
8.6 %
Nua Ltd.

And now look at the growth rate of Ulitma Online compared to it -

1997 Ultima Online had around 100 000 subscriptions - ( 70 Million Internet Users)
And LOL around 2001 they had what 200 000 subscriptions - but the Internet Users had grown 6 times the amount!

Ok. Now that i hope it is clear that i debunked the "Success Story" of "how making a Game Casual" helped back then

Ok. And now look at the Games today. What is currently still hype and cool!

Survival Games - Hardcore unforgiving Games!

Also even first MMO trying out this direction are already more successful then Shroud of the Avatar going the save road.
Life is Feudal has 10 times the amount of average players!

So El Somni Quas Developers.

This was me talking to myself.

Until i get the first responding.

I wish you the best - and i am very confident that you will be more successful then many will think.

I met so many gamers on the road through the internet who again and again told me they are searching for this early years of Ultima Online.

They just need to find a well packaged "new version" with not recreating the other problems of back then but incl. the hardcore of it.

Myrcello

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 16:27
Site Admin
Site Admin
Hello,

thanks for interesting thoughts and your support. If you want to help us, just spread the word. Thanks!

PS: Sorry for late reply, but now we are mostly focused on FB.